Japan National Football Team vs Spain National Football Team Standings: A Comparative Analysis
Japan and Spain are two countries that have made significant contributions to the world of football. While Spain has a long-standing tradition of footballing excellence, Japan has emerged as a force to be reckoned with in Asia. In this article, we’ll examine the current standings of both teams in terms of FIFA rankings, recent performances, and key achievements.
FIFA World Rankings
- Spain: Consistently in the top 10.
- Japan: Usually ranks between 25-40.
- UEFA Euro 2020: Reached the semi-finals.
- Nations League: Finished as runners-up in 2021.
- AFC Asian Cup 2019: Runners-up.
- World Cup Qualifiers: Leading their group in Asia.
- World Cup Titles: 1 (2010)
- European Championships: 3 (1964, 2008, 2012)
- AFC Asian Cup Titles: 4 (1992, 2000, 2004, 2011)
- East Asian Championships: 1 (2013)
- Total Matches: 3
- Spain Wins: 2
- Japan Wins: 0
- Draws: 1
Players to Watch
- Sergio Busquets: A midfield maestro.
- Gerard Moreno: A clinical forward with a good scoring record.
- Takefusa Kubo: Known for his dribbling and playmaking abilities.
- Maya Yoshida: A reliable center-back and team captain.
- Spain: W-D-W-W-L
- Japan: W-W-L-W-D
- Spain: Aiming to win the upcoming World Cup.
- Japan: Looking to dominate Asia and make a mark on the global stage.
When comparing the Japan national football team vs Spain national football team standings, it’s evident that Spain has the edge in terms of FIFA rankings and historical success. However, Japan has shown consistent growth and is a dominant force in Asian football. While Spain is likely to be a top contender in global competitions, Japan is rapidly closing the gap and could offer stiff competition in future meetings.
Both teams have a rich pool of talent, and a match-up between the two is sure to be a thrilling contest full of quality football.